WIN RICK RIORDAN LIVE IN YOUR SCHOOL AND A TRIP FOR YOUR WHOLE CLASS TO YOUR LOCAL SEA LIFE CENTRE!
PERCY JACKSON IS BACK!
And to celebrate, THE HUNT FOR A HALF-BLOOD is now on! Could it be you?
Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon, God of the Sea, has embarked on more than his fair share of death-defying quests in his short life.
Now Percy's back in Heroes of Olympus: The Son of Neptune (out October 4th) and this is your chance to enter an amazing competition to win Rick Riordan streamed live exclusively into YOUR school assembly. Join the creator of Percy Jackson, The Kane Chronicles and Heroes of Olympus as he brings the gods of Ancient Greece and Rome to life and answers YOUR school's questions.
Imagine Percy Jackson is about to brave a new action-packed and terrifying quest. He needs a follow half-blood to join him . . .
Why should Percy pick you?
Tell us why it could be your in any way you want- on paper, in a video, use card or photographs or drawings, it's up to you.
- Which God would you descend from?
- What's your weapon?
- What's your special power?
- What skills will you bring to the quest?
- Why can Percy rely on you in the face of explosive danger?
The EXPLOSIVE PRIZE PACKAGE includes . . .
- Heroes of Olympus, Percy Jackson and Kane Chronicles author Rick Riordan streamed exclusively live into your school assembly.
- A trip for your class to your local SEA LIFE Centre www.visitsealife.com
- A full set of Rick Riordan books for your library
All entries should be sent to:
'I'm a Half Blood Hero'
Closing date: 30.11.11 Terms and conditions apply
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
- This competition is open to UK and Republic of Ireland residents aged 9 to18 years, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion. Entries from entrants aged 13 or under must be accompanied by written permission from the entrant's teacher, parent or guardian.
- Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on 30 November 2011. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- To enter you must demonstrate on paper, card, by photography, drawing, video or another means of communication why you think you might be a Half Blood Hero. Then send your entry along with your name, age, and email address to 'I'm a Half Blood Hero', c/o Puffin Marketing, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
- All correctly completed entries will be forwarded to a judging panel made up of members of the Puffin Marketing department. The winner will be the entry that in the opinion of the judges demonstrates the most creativity.
- The prize for the winner is a video call with Rick Riordan for their school assembly, a trip for the winner's class to a local Sea Life centre and a complete set of the Percy Jackson series of books by Rick Riordan (as published by the Closing Date of this promotion). The video call will be via Skype so the winner's school must have the appropriate technology to be able to take part in this part of the prize. The date for the video call is subject to Rick Riordan's availability and will last approximately 30 minutes. The Sea Life trip prize is limited to a maximum of 35 children and, if taken at Sea Life centres across the UK, must be taken by 1 April 2012 or, if the trip is to the London Aquarium, it must be taken by the earlier date of 1 February 2012. Transport and refreshments are not included in the prize. If the winner is at a primary school, free entry will given to teachers on a pupil and teacher ratio of 1 free teacher for every 5 pupils. If the winner is at secondary school, free entry will be given to 1 teacher for every 10 pupils. Prize includes a standard visit and is valid weekdays during term time only. The prize also includes a full set of Percy Jackson books. Titles included within this set are; Heroes of Olympus: The Lost Hero, Heroes of Olympus: The Son of Neptune, Kane Chronicles: The Red Pyramid, Kane Chronicles: The Throne of Fire, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters, Percy Jackson and Tituns Curse, Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth, and Percy Jackson and The Last Olympian.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified via email or post by 15 November 2011. The winner must claim their prize within 14 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- By entering this competition you confirm that your entry is entirely your own creation and, if you have used any material created by someone else (e.g music or artwork) that the owners of this material have given you their permission to include it in your entry. You will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims that your entry is actually someone else's work. By submitting an entry, you (or your parent/guardian on your behalf) grant to the Promoter for free permission to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute your entry throughout the world in any media now known or invented in the future. If you do not want to give us this permission, please do not submit your entry to us.
- To obtain details of the winner please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of the competition in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.